Nicole asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

How to cure social anxiety?

Please no rude or unhelpful comments. I'm asking for real help. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

You can't. Dealing with social anxiety takes a lot of work. You need to seek professional help. Seek out a psychologist/therapist.

That's the only thing that will really help you.

Source(s): Bi-polar Anxiety

I wish I knew the answer because I know someone who has it to the extreme. I keep thinking it's something from childhood perhaps they were treated inferior to a sibling by a parent...... or they were ashamed of something from the past and unable to face anyone,I have also noticed they are selfish, greedy and cheap to an extreme but it doesent bother them,they have no friends and don't socialize. I hope you find the answer because I have wrecked my brain trying to find the cause of this.....

do u know what triggers your anxiety in social situation?

are u afraid of being judge, being observed, or fear of making a fool out of yourself?

what are the reactions coming from the anxiety, like sweating, heart racing, avoiding social situations?

the first step is to expose yourself to the fear situation in order to overcome it.

assess your fear (is it out of proportion?), and do a reality check of the situation (is everyone in there very judgmental, is everyone looking at me?) more often than not, they're too busy socializing that they don't have time to judge u. n more often than not, people are generally nice, and will welcome u with all their heart. so, it's a good idea to get out there n get to know people :)

if u find yourself sweating excessively, or heart racing, u can count to 10 or 30 to calm yourself down. it's ok to feel a bit nervous in social settings. i do, too. socializing is not a contest, but to get to know people at a more personal level. u may be feel inferior compared to other people that contribute to your anxiety. once u get to know the other person more personally, u might find that they are just like u, with strengths n flaws, n nothing to be ashame of :)

all the best!

Source(s): experience

I have read some litterature about panic attacks. But they allways seem to have a more scientific approach and that is nothing I need in my struggle to survive those horrible panic attacks. This is a "hand on" and very practical book. I felt it was written to me. I am sure that you are going to feel the same.

Joe Barry writes exactly how I think. The examples are perfectly described. And the method is genius. I recommend this book and thanks Joe Barry for writing it. It changes your life

• Paul G

Social Anxiety is only individual perception AT ITS BEST, so therefore....The rest of your life....CAN only be the THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE....but only if....you make it so......So just let it be and above all else.....ALWAYS BE THE BEST PERSON THAT YOU CAN BE...............NO MATTER WHAT................OK?????