Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too... New Wave for my taste...

But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically

The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism, that really gives the songs a (ha)big boost.

He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

"Hey Havershmememe"

Yes Allen?

"Why are there copies of the Style section all over the place do you.. do you have a dog... a little chow or something ahahha

No, Allen.

"Is that a raincoat?"

Yes it is!!!

In '87, Huey released this, "Fore!" their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be square", a song so catchy, most people probly don't listen to the lyrics, but they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trend; it's also a personal statement about the band itself. HEY PAUL!! AGHAAGAHAGAGAHAH!!!!

*splutz*

*hack hack hack*

*smoke*

Favorite Answer

yes, they're one of my favorite bands of the 80s, I love their videos and their catchy tunes and their music brings me a lot of joy and happiness

• I found him reasonably entertaining in the mid 80's but find him very dated now and I can't understand anyone comparing Huey Lewis with Elvis Costello.

yes we know you are quoting american psycho.

There were never really new wave. They were more just 80's rock (like hall & oates, etc). I like new wave more.

I'm not really into them anymore.