What religion should I be?

I think all religion is arbitrary and pointless personally, so which one should I pick? Definitely not Christianity, and I don't have any Jewish blood, so that's out. Maybe Nordic religion, with Thor and Odin etc.. That might be cool, or ancient roman religion. Any thoughts?

Sure none of them would be more convenient, but imagine how cool it would be to answer the question "what religion are you?" With "well, I believe that Odin smiles on us all from his great white beard up in Valhalla" lol

If you don't see value in religion then call yourself Atheist or Agnostic

If you found value in Judaism, you don't need "Jewish blood" -

Non-Jews who believe in the teachings of Judaism but don't want to convert to Judaism have started groups that call themselves "children of Noah" or "Noahides".

The "7 Noahide laws" are basicaly the position that people need to practice kindness and seek to build a government of justice.

This also seems to be a good alternative for a person who does not have a religious heritage of his own.

I know that there are modern and very nice neo-Pagans who call themselves Odinists.

But realy, if you research the subject -- thats about as reasonable as the organization "Skinheads Against Racism".

The medieval followers of Odin and Thor valued conquest, death in battle, and the sacrifice of their enemies to their gods. A vast modern Odinist movement formed the religious arm of the Nazi party in the 30ies and 40ies.

Personaly, I like Robert E Howard's story where Odin was identified as an evil alien akin to Chthulu.

Some version of Greco-Roman religion could work.

Usualy, folks seem to have had some specific patron god --

Athena seems quite cool (see Odyseus)

and was very popular (as Minerva) across the Roman Empire (the famous bath in the city of Bath, England was dedicated to Minerva)

If you wanted to be amusing -

"idols" of Hermes in the Roman empire consisted of a column with a phalice sticking out in the middle.

(do a google image search on "herm statue" -- if you're not prudish)

Every person from every religion says that their God/book is the best. So it really depends on what you want. It's a bit like shopping.

What do you really believe in? You should test the ones you believe in and decide which makes the most meaning to you. good luck.

• Johnny

None, but if you got to pick one then as a swede of course I think that asatru (as its called i US) is the coolest. We call it asatro or forn sed.

Islam !! It is the fastest growing religion do your research

See this video. This is ur answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2N0gSs91O0

Youtube thumbnail

None of 'em.