Christians, do you know that your god/religion is only about 2000 years old? Before Christianity or even the b?

Christians, do you know that your god/religion is only about 2000 years old? Before Christianity or even the bible, there were many other gods and religions?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As an experiment in objective thinking, perhaps you would benefit from considering the issue from a Christian perspective.

Christians consider the paragon of our faith. Jesus, the Christ, to be the Messiah promised in the Hebrew scriptures. The worship of our God has therefore proceeded continuously since the creation; back to Moses, Abraham, Noah and Adam. There has been no point in human history that our God has not been worshiped.

Obviously, those outside of our beliefs consider Christianity to be a relatively young belief system. But your question is addressed to Christians. And you have made no attempt to provide any argument as to why we should change our perspective.

• 8 years ago

Christianity is 2000 years old, because Christianity started only after Jesus died and rose again.

So what if there were other gods? There is only One True God - Who was and is and is to come. He was there before anything else was. Existence of other gods doesn't necessarily root out the possibility of the existence of the great Creator God.

Source(s): The Bible
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well... I'd imagine they followed some sort of pagan belief system... something animistic... multiple gods or spirits... Recorded history goes back around 5000 or 6000 years... so we have some records of pre-christian and pre-Judaism religions... like Greek and Roman mythology, Ancient Egyptian Mythology, Babylonian Mythology... Since there is no recorded history before that - we can only guess as to what religious beliefs they may have held. I'd say they probably worshiped obvious things... like the Sun and Moon... and since humans were more fragmented back then - different clans and tribes probably had different beliefs, gods and spirits.

• 8 years ago

I never thought that the Old Testament was written before God created the Earth 2000 years ago as you say.

That is really amazing. The Old Testament predated God creating the Earth. You are an amazing theologian.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It's far older than that. Job, presumed to be the oldest book in the Bible, was possibly written before Abraham was even called out of Chaldea. Job worshiped the God of Abraham, just as we do.

"Christian" is the term given to those who live under what's called the New Covenant, or Testament. It is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant. Christianity's roots are firmly within biblical Judaism, which dates back several thousand years.

• 8 years ago

Your point. Do you know what religion is. Yes it is man made but it's really a story about God. For instance, people could have like 20 stories on me. That doesn't make me 20 people.

• 8 years ago

Out of all the false Gods there is only one that is real. Do you know how to tell which one is the real God?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That is why God had to sent his one and only Son; to tell us how to get to heaven and to the Father

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Of course I know it! Judaism, Buddhism, etc, all predate Christianity.

• Cyber
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Christianity is like a sequel of Judaism, only butchered with hellenism and antisemitism..

I like the ancient chinese sky god, Shang Di, he seems like a nice fellow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.