Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

what are some motivating quotes you live by?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Results! Not Excuses!" ....Motto of my last Navy ship, which really, as much of a joke as it was at the time.........turned out to be a really good motto, when you realize that the most common cause of failure, is people making excuses, instead of just trying a little harder-. It was a sub tender, and things just HAD to get done. No one wanted to hear WHY it couldn't be done.....they wanted to hear that the problem was FIXED. So I carried that over into life........RESULTS....not excuses.

Failure is not acceptable. Go back and try it again or figure something else out. Not interested in EXCUSES. WORK IT OUT.

That's how you succeed..............by not giving up and blaming other people.

When you boil it all down in life........that really does sum it up. You either take the beach head, or you die trying. No one wants to hear why you failed. You keep charging, until you've secured the Beach head. It's as simple as that.

• 8 years ago

"Don't worry, be happy". -Bobby Mcferrin

At the moment, there are a lot of them on my wall...

"You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you; and in that you will be mastering change, rather than allowing it to master you."

-Sri Ram

"Zero never allowed bad situations to get him down, he didn't want to be a negative number".

-Zero (a short film)

"Try not to need much of men who know not where they stand, for with great ignorance come great grey areas."

-Kenneth Burnett (a friend)

And one that makes me happy while walking around:

"Instead of just looking up into the sky, you are actually gazing down into the infinite cosmic abyss with only gravity holding you onto the Earth." -tried to look it up, only got tumblr results.

• 8 years ago

Don`t worry what others think of you, they`re too worried about what you think of them

Though haven`t quite gotten there yet.

Ignorance of Evidence is Evidence of Ignorance (made that one up *polishes knuckles on shirt*)

• 8 years ago

Never give up hope because hope is the only thing stronger than fear...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • "I only know that I know nothing"

-socrates

• 8 years ago

To be.....or not to be.......that is the question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.