why did my hyundai start turning the light that says check engine if i just got it?

tonight on my way home from work my car started making a weird noise its made that noise like 3-4 times after that it turn the like that says check engine not even a minute after the light turned of n me n the kids got home safe.but the problem is that tomorrow morning at 7am i have to make a 1hr drive can i drive it n ishouldn't.

its a 2003 hyundai santa fe v6

Favorite Answer

It may be either the teeth on the flywheel are imperfect or the starter pinion is not engaging properly with the flywheel teeth. If the "check engine" light is on, it can mean many different things, from a loose gas cap to a seriously misfiring engine. You should get the car checked out as soon as possible.

You should not push your luck, you made it home once, if it is under warranty call and have them come and get it, You did not mention what year the vehicle is so if it isn't under any warranty you really need to not push your luck cause it could be something simply fixed like a belt