Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Is the really bad teeth of British people in general a result of universal healthcare?

I mean really, some of them look like rotten yellow corn. Is dental health not covered?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

From the link below.

"NHS dental treatment does not include cosmetic treatments that are not clinically necessary, such as teeth whitening or veneers. Cosmetic treatments like this are used to improve the appearance of your teeth and make them look more attractive. If you’re interested in having any cosmetic dental treatments, you should ask your dentist how much the private treatment will cost. Charges for any private treatment will be in addition to the charges for your NHS treatment."

And when it comes to NHS treatment, it is not free at the point of access for dentistry the way that medical care is.

I hope you find the link below to be of use and interest.

• 8 years ago

The difference between British teeth and American ones is a cultural rather than a political or economic distinction. British teeth are not 'bad' (i.e., rotten), but they are often irregular by American standards. This is because British parents seldom fork out thousands of pounds to torture their kids with unnecessary cosmetic dentistry. Our mouths may not be perfect, but THIS IS THE WAY TEETH ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK.

Though actually, the difficulty of finding NHS dental care in the UK now is a genuine problem, and most people with the money make use of private dental surgeries.

• 8 years ago

How about you look at some facts before rolling out your cute little stereotypes? British dental healthcare has been way ahead of the USA for several decades. For a long long time Britain and Germany have been top of the global dental health tables, with the USA a long way down the list.

A country that pumps millions of dollars of taxpayers' money into subsidizing high-fructose corn syrup manufacturers because plain old sugar just isn't tooth-rotting enough for American tastes doesn't get a say when it comes to dental hygiene.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Did you ever consider that showing your teeth is kinda like giving a preview of what you'll look like dead?

Source(s): Just sayin'
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The entire world has worse looking teeth than Americans. For some reason, we're obsessed with our vanity. You're confusing orthodontics with dentistry.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Why are so many Americans uneducated.

• 8 years ago

Nope. Your team lost the election, and America won.

• 8 years ago

Generalisation always fails Fail poor loser

• 8 years ago

And when I heard this story I could hardly believe it!

UK health care gave a teenage girl breast implants while others

were waiting 4 months or more for an operation.

Who would have thunk it?!...;-)

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Have you ever seen the crap they eat?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.