Do you think few people actually believe in a God?

I think most of them "hope so", but would have said they "believe" or "think so".

I think people would only claim they "know" or "pretty sure" after their arrogance grows to a certain level. I don't think many actually believe it.

I think that there are Christians who only hope that God is real and hope that the Bible is true, but I know a fair amount of people who sincerely believe that God exists, That Jesus is His Son and that God loves us. I know a few people like myself who "know" that God exists and that the Bible is true because God in His Mercy, though no merit of ourselvs, gave us the Spiritual (not mental) experience of the Reality of Himself at least once but often many times. There are certainly people who call themselves Christians whose main reason for trying to teach others about God for reasons tied up in their own insecurity about God and a certain degree of arrogance; but that doesn't mean that others don't truly know for sure about God and want to share that wonderful news with others. You can't judge the Reality of God, Jesus, or the truth of the Bible by the character of the people who say they are Christians, we are all sinners and flawed humans. God bless you and lead you into all truth and wisdom. Amen.

Source(s): Lived in a Jnana Yoga Ashram for 2 years. Lived in a zen Buddhist temple for 1 year. Spent many years studying and practicing the scriptures of several religions including Christianity.
  • ?

no, i believe the polls that say most people believe in God or a higher power. most believe in one of the 4 types of religion. that are most prevalent.

i believed in God even without religion. later i became a witness of the glory of jesus. i will tell you plainly, i know there is a God because i have stood in the presense of jesus and beheld an angelic personage.

i used to tell everyone i knew and most christians would deny it, and claim i saw satan. go figure. even seeing satan would prove there is a God.

There are plenty of people who actually believe in God (not in "a" God)

What does arrogance have to do with it?

Am I arrogant for 'knowing' that 2+2=4?

People do believe in God. Every religion begins with Belief and grows with faith.

It's not arrogant to say you're pretty sure God exists. Neither is it arrogant to say you know, e.g., on a subjective level, that God exists.

Well that is a ignorant utterance.