I'm having trouble moving on, and its been like 3 years. What should I do?

I dont want to get into a sob story. My first gf and we broke up horribly. While she dated other guys she would act like she wanted me back but really she hated me ( I think) eventually out of all my infinite wisdom I took this broad back ( several times, and everytime we break up again she would call me about her man problems) all the time we were together she would just judged everything I ever did or didnt do. So one day I said to myself, If i dont step up and be a man i'm going to end up killing myself. The truth is that was one of the hardest decisions I ever made. But I cant move on. I think about her, or something related to her pretty much every day. She still likes to text or call me every 5-6 months. I never answer her phone calls and every time i text her back I end up pissing myself off. Her birthday was a few days ago and she text me saying " honestly, i think of you often, and I like to catch up" --as if its her hobby or something-- then when i come back with my retort of --I think of you to-- she tells Me that I wasnt an asshole ( because I said I was--I'm so stupid) and I'm a super nice guy and that her birthday is coming up....So TO me I feel like we broke up again lol and I should buy a gift and say happy birthday. Of course I did Neither. UGH I just want to forget about this chick get a new number and start a new life where I'm actually living and not reminiscent of some crazy ex gf that I havent seen in like 3-4 years. I feel miserable. What should I do?

we all regret the past. Try and it it fails, move on.