I want to become a psychstrist?

sorry if i spelled it wrong

1. i love to help people

2. is there anybooks i can read to prepare me

3. im only 15

• Jean
    Favorite Answer

Alex, you have put this question in the theatre/acting section. You need to become a doctor before you become a psychiatrist. To become a doctor you need to do very well at school. You also need to be prepared to devote your young adult life to study. You don't need to read books on psychiatry at this time.

If you love to help people, then consider doing community volunteer work. If you contact the Red Cross or a similar organisation in your area you will find voluntary work co-ordinators who will help you to start working to help others. You will discover that most people do not want advice, they are mainly looking for someone to listen to their problems.

To give advice, you need to become wise and well informed. At 15 you are a long way from that. Look and learn. Travel and listen to others. Become who you are meant to be first. Then you will be in a position to offer up advice. Best of luck!

Source(s): Employment counsellor for many years.

You can read essays and books from people like Erich Fromm.(I think that's how you spell his name)

These will give you a new insight to the life you live and give you experience and examples to talk about when talking to friends or trying to help them.

Though it does take a lot of education and studying that doesn't mean it won't be fun. If you love to help others then you'll want to learn about how to do it better.

I see a psychiatrist now and he has a lot of life experience and lessons to tell me about and entertain me with. Make sure you live your life to the fullest like he did! It doesn't have to be all about studying. You could do extra curricular activities too and make a lot of long time friends.

It's a really exciting world.

Personally I want to become a doctor(or an actor). I'm thinking about doing both!

Hope this helps.