I want to tell my crush I like him?

So I have has a crush on this guy for half a year and we don't know each other too well. We had a two classes together last year an we talked sometimes. I really like him and I'm don't think we will date but I just wanted to get a load off my shoulders by confessing that I had a crush on him. I don't know if he likes me or not I'm guessing its just neutral. This is what I'm thinking of saying:

"(Blah blah. Blah) ......I have a crush on you. I have has a crush on you for about half a year and I think you are really funny, nice, chill and weird but a good weird. I know your going to say "oh I'm sorry but I don't like you in that way" or " I don't know you that we'll" and etc but I just wanted to get some weight off my shoulders if you know what I mean(blah blah blah blah)

Is it too weird? Too creepy? Too cheesy? Is there something I should say instead of something? He my peer editors and my relationship mentor or whatever

It is not weird at al. Just ask him if he likes you. And tell the truth.

I had a crush on someone too, for a long time, and eventually i asked her...

Don't wait too long!

I wish you luck! :)