I suck at flirting. I need help?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm a girl. And honestly I just suck at flirting. I'm too shy to be like "hey you're cute" I can't do that. But whenever I try to flirt I end up making myself look really stupid. -_- and I really want to try and get this guy to like me.. (I really really like him. he's also a sophomore.) any tips please?

Just talk to the guy about school, like a normal conversation... to a guy, that is flirting... cause it's Attention! Girls don't have to flirt, they are the ones normally being pursued. Just relax, DO NOT do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. Be confident, joke about something you both know about. Be strong and you will come across as more desirable.

DON"T OVER THINK IT, just let it happen, he's more worried about making a fool out of himself than you are.

Good Luck!

Flirting's a language - and just like with any other language, no one's born a fluent flirt. If you want to know how to flirt like a pro, you've got to learn the signs. Follow these flirt tips and practice till you're an expert flirt.

1. Choose Your Targets

You don't have to have a crush on someone in order to flirt. Practice flirting with random people you see every day - people who might not even be on your dating radar - on order to hone your skills. That way, you'll have some flirting experience under your belt when you approach the people who really matter.

2. Have an Opening Line

Find a reason to talk to the person. If you're in a class with them, come up with a question about an assignment. If they're standing in line behind you at a concert, ask about the band. Get creative, and be ready to respond to whatever they say.

3. Make Eye Contact

If you don't make eye contact, you'll look bored or uninterested, and that's not an impression you want to give. Too shy to look them right in the eyes? Here's a trick: look at the spot right between their eyes. It'll look like eye contact to them.

4. Come Up With a Compliment

Pick one thing you like about the way they look - like their hair, their smile or an article of clothing. Let them know in a friendly way how much you like it. It'll make them feel good and will open them up to you. (If you can't think of an opening line for tip #2, a compliment will do.)

5. Smile

You don't have to go all Bozo the Clown, but the idea is to look like you enjoy talking to them. So be sure to throw them a smile whenever it makes sense. If they shoot one back, you'll know that they like talking to you, too.

6. Flirt With Your Body

The body language you use when you flirt is just as important as what you say. Use good posture, point your body towards the person and try to find excuses to touch them. For more on how to do that, check these body language flirting tips.

7. Keep It Light

You'll get a way better response if you chat about fun, happy stuff (like your new puppy) than serious or sad stuff (like when your puppy got hit by a train). The point of flirting isn't to bare your soul or share your honest opinions about everything. It's to open the door to lots more conversations down the road.

8. Beware of Awkward Silences

Once the convo drags, it's probably gone for good. Fill an awkward silence by asking the other person a question. Can't think of one? Ask them about something they're wearing or something in your environment (like a painting on the wall, or the music that's playing).

9. Wrap It Up

If you're not interested in talking anymore, politely find an excuse to head off into the sunset. If you are interested, give them a way to get in touch with you - like your phone number or Facebook name. This is (hopefully) just your first convo of many, so save some of that charm for the next time.

10. Practice, Practice, Practice

No one's perfect at flirting the first time around. If the idea of flirting still gives you butterflies, don't worry - it just means that you need more practice. The more you flirt, the easier it'll get.