I feel inadequate to my bf cause I'm not a gamer girl?

Earlier he sent me to a tumblr page of a gaming couple and said he wants that. He then proceeded to tell me that I should get into gaming. I have never been into video games. It's just not me. I calmly told him I felt like he was trying to change me. He won't give it up. I give him all the time in the world to play, and never nag him to give me as much attention as he gives his games. He says he's not trying to change, just tweak...and that it's another reaosn for him to be with me. I'm thinking of dropping the relationship. Advice?

Favorite Answer

he's not mature enough for the type of relationship you want and need from him right now. I am a guy and a gamer but know where my games come in accordance with my relationship. You shouldn't be playing completely in the back seat to his gaming in the first place, much less attempt to get into gaming so he can play more. Let him find some tomboy nerd girl on xbox live to have his video game girlfriend with.

• sas

If that's the kind of relationship he wants then he needs to find someone who will do that. You don't want to be a gamer girl and it's ok! You don't want to change for someone. A wonderful guy will accept you for you. My boyfriend is an avid gamer but he ALWAYS texts me never pressures me into getting into gaming. You need to drop this relationship now. Besides who wants a relationship where you sit on the couch and play video games all day?!?! NOT CUTE

Best of luck to you!:)

Source(s): Me..my boyfriend being a gamer

a little compromise goes a long way. it wont hurt to play few games with him every now and then. But he must do more of what u like to do too.

He has no right to change you. I mean, If you don't want to be a game, then don't be.Really simple.