Why are they "covering" up actresses on 'arrow' but the male lead is half nude?

They are making a concerted effort on the new CW show to make the female characters more butch and less sexy and yet the male lead obviously doesnt own a shirt.

So why the one sided sex appeal? Doesnt sex sell for both?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hum so I guess I will check out the show lol if he's half nude ok just kidding maybe not!

• 8 years ago

because a shirtless guy is 'sexy' a shirtless (or even as close as broadcast TV allows) would be 'slutty'

really Ollie is 'working out' so it mkes sense to be shirtless, or in a wet/swety T... none of teh female character have this 'excuse' and if they showed women is a similar state w/o a reason, they'd be bashed as sexist ...

also CW as a rule skews female in its viewership... the only CW shows with a large straight male audience are Arrow and Supernatural (with their Comic book and Horror movie 'origins') and even they have rabid "Fangirls" (Smallville used to be a similar anomaly, but it too was as much aimed at females in its early years as "Dawson's Creek with SuperPowers" but they Limited 'shirtles Clark' scenes because Welling was 10 years older than his character, and it really showed if they didn't costume him properly)

• 8 years ago

Clothed females don't equal butch females. You can be sexy and fully clothed.

I'm truly though not going to complain about the lead character's body. He is very well developed and looks great.

• 8 years ago

He owns several shirts. Often he slowly takes them off to reveal his quite delicious body. I'm not seeing a problem here.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.