I want to convert a camper trailer into my own bachelor pad for my own independence when I move back home?

I am moving back home because my lease is up on my apartment in the city. Though the house has different rules to what I am used to, and my child hood bedroom is too small for my new furniture and things I have acquired since leaving home the first time.

I want to buy a camper trailer/caravan to put in the backyard and gut it. Rebuilding the inside for my bed, my furniture and my own independence.

Has anyone done this? Or does anyone have any ideas or tips?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

I have done it, but forget about furniture. I had a big van, 6' x 11' behind the driver's seat, and that was ok for a double bed, small table, and folding chair and nothing else. You can't get big vans like that any more. Lots of people build little houses on trailers, but the furniture is nil. You sleep in a loft and if you have company for dinner you eat outside.

That's not independence. That's moving back home to Mom and Dad.

Anything you do to it will require a building permit.

I don't really have any tips but it sounds like a great project. Have fun!