I haven't been on here in a while, can someone help me?

I was just curious if this section of the site was still largely populated by ignorant religious folks who would rather spend time quoting scripture and recycling arguments, rather than actually talking about something interesting; and obnoxious, circle-jerking atheists who seemed to spend large chunks of their lives on here making unfunny quips in order to vent their fruitless aggression. I legitimately don't know if things have changed, I just remember it being like that 2 or so years ago.

To clarify, I did say "largely". obviously there was a range, but those were clearly the two dominating groups. I'd think back then it would have been practically apparent to anyone.

• AC7
    Favorite Answer

Seems like you might be a little sore that nobody appreciated your wisdom here.

This has increased exponentially:

"circle-jerking atheists who seemed to spend large chunks of their lives on here making unfunny quips in order to vent their fruitless aggression."

Most professing Christians that adhered to the guidelines have sought better pastures. So basically, it's a cursed haunt for jackals.

• brmxld

Well it is Religion & Spirituality, you're bound to find a lot of discussion on that topic as a given since that's what you're supposed to talk about here, but there's still decent people around. You just have to sift through and find them in the midst of the bull. It's good to take breaks once in a while though. It can be easy to get burned out if you don't take care of yourself.

• I am new here and plan to change that. I am a devout Christian who respects and loves all people. I think you are right, some people on both sides can be very unkind and mean. I hope and pray this can change. We are all people and deserve respect and have a right to our own beliefs.

Source(s): God Bless you.

This site is populated by an incredible variety of people. Don't try to categorize us, but just answer the questions you want to answer, and ignore the rest.

Well, this IS Yahoo Answers you know.

Google "Hilarious Yahoo Answers" and then Google "Hilarious Wikipedia entries" and see which one gives better results.

If I had candy bars in proportion to how accurate this analysis is, I would have a lot of candy bars.

• Evan

No - we all sit around discussing Kreiglstein and eating pizza now.

Interesting... Which category are you a part of?

You can find all kind of people! It is not only as you discriped.

• YANM

As someone once said, what is your question?

Source(s): God.