Rinkz asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

can i use canon EF 75-300 mm lens on Nikon d5100 dslr?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is possible to put a Nikon F mount lens on a Canon EOS body using an adapter, although that is probably more trouble than it is worth. There is no adapter to put a Canon EOS mount lens on a Nikon F body. That is because the Canon mount is a larger diameter than the Nikon.

Canon's cheap EF 75-300mm lens is reputed to not be very good. The EF-S 55-250mm is better, and there is an even better EF 70-300mm IS.

Nikon makes a cheap 70-300mm that is also a waste of money. The 55-300mm AF-S VR DX is better, and the more expensive 70-300mm AF-S VR is even better.

• 4 years ago

Canon Lens On Nikon Body

• EDWIN
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

In a word: NO. Canon and Nikon use proprietary lens mounts and they are incompatible. Buy a Canon lens for a Canon DSLR and a Nikon lens for a Nikon DSLR.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I have this lens as it came with my camera package I got on Ebay and it is very good. For birds? You probably will be fairly disappointed. It's a very nice telephoto lens, very VERY nice, but it works well on medium-large objects. Don't expect to be 100 feet away and get a clear shot of something as small as a bird; 50 feet is still very far and you won't get detail. It's far better zoom than you're currently using and to me it's far worth it as I do a lot of wildlife photography (deer, rabbits, etc) and people candids. I do some birds but as I said, you have to be quite close if you want them detailed. Walmart stores have them for cheaper than I've seen online.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Develop Your Photography Skills http://photographymasterclass.enle.info/?ipSY
  • 8 years ago

Can you use a Toyota motor in a Honda? Can you run Android on an iPhone? This is one you should have figured out on your own.

• 8 years ago

No you can't. And I don't know why you would want to, anyway...because it's one of Canon's WORST lenses.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

It takes six seconds for Yahoo Answers webpage to display for me to be able to click on [add your answer] button. thus, is my laptop slow??

• 8 years ago

No - the mounts are incompatible.

• 8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.