Rinkz asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

can i use canon EF 75-300 mm lens on Nikon d5100 dslr?

Favorite Answer

It is possible to put a Nikon F mount lens on a Canon EOS body using an adapter, although that is probably more trouble than it is worth. There is no adapter to put a Canon EOS mount lens on a Nikon F body. That is because the Canon mount is a larger diameter than the Nikon.

Canon's cheap EF 75-300mm lens is reputed to not be very good. The EF-S 55-250mm is better, and there is an even better EF 70-300mm IS.

Nikon makes a cheap 70-300mm that is also a waste of money. The 55-300mm AF-S VR DX is better, and the more expensive 70-300mm AF-S VR is even better.

Canon Lens On Nikon Body

• EDWIN

In a word: NO. Canon and Nikon use proprietary lens mounts and they are incompatible. Buy a Canon lens for a Canon DSLR and a Nikon lens for a Nikon DSLR.

I have this lens as it came with my camera package I got on Ebay and it is very good. For birds? You probably will be fairly disappointed. It's a very nice telephoto lens, very VERY nice, but it works well on medium-large objects. Don't expect to be 100 feet away and get a clear shot of something as small as a bird; 50 feet is still very far and you won't get detail. It's far better zoom than you're currently using and to me it's far worth it as I do a lot of wildlife photography (deer, rabbits, etc) and people candids. I do some birds but as I said, you have to be quite close if you want them detailed. Walmart stores have them for cheaper than I've seen online.

1

Source(s): Develop Your Photography Skills http://photographymasterclass.enle.info/?ipSY

Can you use a Toyota motor in a Honda? Can you run Android on an iPhone? This is one you should have figured out on your own.

No you can't. And I don't know why you would want to, anyway...because it's one of Canon's WORST lenses.

It takes six seconds for Yahoo Answers webpage to display for me to be able to click on [add your answer] button. thus, is my laptop slow??

No - the mounts are incompatible.

No.