Is the empty tomb really evidence that Jesus was resurrected?

If an empty tomb is evidence that Jesus was resurrected, then wouldn't my empty car trunk also be evidence that a dead drug addicted prostitute was resurrected over the weekend?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, of course not. There are any number of reasons why a tomb might be empty. But then the whole story may be entirely fiction.

• 8 years ago

what kind of an idiot answers his own question, unless your being a troll. that is a good question, is not really an evidence, but then again I don't believe in the bible. let me put it this way, the case would go like "after something like 20 to 40 years people heard people speak of these people that met this person which was resurrected and the prove is... he wasn't found on his tomb, case close" as we all know the twelve apostles couldn't' read or write

• 4 years ago

The empty tomb does me that Jesus was resurrected. Why do you always put the letter x where Christ will have to be? Do you suppose guilty for now not being attentive to the individuals who serve and worship our Creator?

• 8 years ago

your empty car trunk in which you hid your dead prostitute may not have been totally dead, but only unconscious, your mistake by believing she was dead.

As for Christ, they made sure He was dead before they released His body to His friends when He was buried. The soldiers saw the angels which rolled away the stone from the tomb, but they paid the soldiers to say that they fell asleep and his disciples came by night to steal His body. Also many saw Him after His resurrection, and why 2000 years later people still put their hope and trust in Christ as Lord and saviour?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No it wasnt even enough evidence in the bible. Even people who kicked it with Jesus didnt believe he resurrected until Jesus rolled up on them. When Mary went to the tomb and he wasnt there she asked some dude who was there thinking he was the gardener if he moved the body but the dude was like MARY! And she was like oh snap! Jesus!

They didnt really believe until he rolled up on them. I hope he rolls up on you one day. He will if u really want him too, not in a physical body though. It'll change ur life

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It really says something about the deliberate failure of Christian imagination when the best answer they can come up with for a body not being in a tomb is "it turned into a god and came back to life."

Not to mention the fact that we have no reason to believe anything else in the entire story actually happened either.

• AC7
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

There was over 500 witnesses that saw Him after the resurrection.

• 8 years ago

Yes it is evidence. Pieces of the True Cross. The Nails. You will find some in Faith.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The empty tomb is not taken as evidence by itself. It is a part of a web of occurrences and other historical facts that work together to support the resurrection.

A kind of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing.

• YANM
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Was evidence but God walking on earth today is proof that it happened. And no amount of calling me a liar, troll and worse can alter that fact.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.