traveling with a 10 month old on plane tips?

this will be my first time traveling with my son on a plane ,he is also going to be a lap child how can i travel with him and not have so much crying or temper tantrums?

• Mrs
    Favorite Answer

Give him a bottle when going up and down so he wont get earache and I also saw a couple that made little bags for all the passengers containing candy, earplugs etc. Nice thought.

• david

It's really not hard to fly with a baby. It just seems like it would be because you are trapped in a plane no matter what :P Just pack some snacks, some toys, ask for a cup of ice after take off, babies love to chew on ice and if he's like my son, he'll fall asleep once the engines get going. I've heard people mention that take off and landing can be hard on their child's ears but my son, who is now 2 1/2 has never had any issue with air pressure changes while flying. Good luck :)

Flying with a baby really is easy. The loud humming and vibration puts them right to sleep. My 10 month old has flown 7 times - 2 of those were internationally (14 hours straight). Bring a QUIET toy and some of those baby puffs (if he likes them). I would suggest blanket and something to suck on during take off and landing. If your son is still light enough for baby wearing that will make going through security easy.