Where can I get a good job?

I'm 19 now and I can only find companies accepting applicants with no experience for the crappiest lowest paying jobs out there. oh and door-to-door sales men. If I don't get a decent job that's easy to move up in and actually has jobs that can truly be called promotions (not fries to flipping burgers, kind of promotions) I'm afraid that I'll be stuck working crappy minimum paying jobs that will get me no where. I guess what I want is a true career. I heard somewhere that very few people actually earn less than $9.00 / hour. So it leaves the question; How can I get a chunk of that change? Personally I'd like a job that pays a wage that one can actually live off of.

What I'm really asking is what kind of job do you have, how do you like it, how much of a career is it, and what'll I have to do to get a job like that. please don't say "just work hard and the jobs will come" because my parents and a lot of people I work with do that and never got any better opportunities. I don't want to have to work my butt off for hardly any money at a job where they don't really give a crap about you.

please do help- what you say could determine the rest of my life.

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

1 armed forces

2 Ask your senator or congressman your question.

3 Find the dirtiest smelliest hottest job. Mopping hot tar in july say Slaughter house. If you can just stay, you'll be the boss soon.

4. ups, fed ex, uspo

5. Get in on ground floor of a new business ipod kindles etc

6 ebay sell stuff on it

7. Armed robbery er no don't do that.