Where did my "Yahoo! Homepage" go?

Today when I sign-in to Yahoo and go to "Yahoo! Homepage" (not "My Yahoo") the page I set up is gone. It has been replaced with a message that says "We'll now remember you and bring you more personalized stories"... And my entire page is filled with articles I have absolutly no interest in reading. In effect, my yahoo home page has been "hijacked" by Yahoo itself.

Words cannot describe how much I hate this. I've been on the verge of abandoning Yahoo in general given the "lameness" of its content... Including that disgusting "Trending now" (gag!) section...

But this takes the cake... I have all the feeds I want setup on my Yahoo! Homepage and I want them back! How do I get rid of that crap that being foreced down my throat?

I tried your suggestions of clearing the cache and cookies and rebooting... to no avail. That horrible "improved home page" is still there.

It really ticks me off they shoved this thing down my throat, deleting all the links I had setup on my "Yahoo! Home page" in the process. I've been contemplating dumping Yahoo as my home page for some time, due to their unending lame articles. ("Trending now"... are you kidding me?) ... It looks like its time to make the move.

Speaking of which, there must be some "home page template" out there that is 100 percent customizable where I can make links to my most visited websites (not just RSS news feeds). Does anyone know of such a template?

Favorite Answer

Yahoo keeps testing various product designs and features to "gain valuable feedback and insights from their users". Part of this process includes ongoing tests to identify how they can make the Homepage more useful and personally relevant. In line with Yahoo!'s standard procedure, they randomly expose test pages to some users.

The duration of tests varies from user to user, but emptying your browser's cache by deleting all cookies and temp files, then re-starting your machine, may restore the standard Yahoo! Homepage and prematurely end the test.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try to access the page using another browser.

Note: if you clear the test page, Yahoo! will not be able to determine that you've already experienced the test, so it may appear again.

How to clear your browser: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN...

I found that using firefox and myyahoo.com brought the previous homepage back, with everything intact.

They say clearing the browser cache works, but not for everyone.

• aburto

positioned the cursor over the "link" without clicking on it, and look on the handle that shows. If it has a "tw" on the tip of it, this is fraudulent, as this is a spammer in Taiwan this is phishing for information you're keen to offer to attain reinstatement. pay attention!

Give me back my old version of my Yahoo homepage or I'm switching to google!!!