what are some associate degree that i can continue to a 4 year degree?

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hello Law Rence,

    Every valid Associate degree can carry forward to the last 2 years of college to earn the B.A. or B.S. degree.

    The first 2 years of college are the "lower class."

    You take and study the basic CORE subjects that are part of a 4 year college program.

    Yes, one can sort of major in community college but it is not necessary.

    Many people find that what they start out to major in in their first and second year of college changes when their TRUE interests become apparent to them.

    So, don't worry.

    The IMPORTANT thing about community college is to TAKE the A.A. degree.

    This solidifies your credits and 4 year colleges must accept them for transfer.

    If you JUST do credits without declaring that you wish to graduate with an A.A. degree then some colleges will not accept all your credits when they try to match them up to their 4 year program.

    You don't want to be told that you have to spend more money to take some 100 or 200 course over again just so it matches the second college's creiteria.

    A "DEGREE" means that the credits are validated and must be accepted in whole.

    Always pay the graduation fee to get the A.A. diploma.

    Not to worry.

    Best wishes,

    Larry Smith

    Senior Master Sergeant, USAF (Ret.)

    First Sergeant

    Source(s): Previous military experience of 27 years: 1961 – 1989 Illinois Probation Officer of 12 years: 1989 - 2001 A.A. Liberal Arts: Chapman University: 1978 A.A.S. Ground Radar Technology: Community College of the Air Force: 1978 B.S. Government and Political Thought; University of Maryland; 1982 Graduate Studies: Public Administration: Governors State University: 1993
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    in USA it is Assoc. of Arts or Assoc. of Science

    that transfer credits to a '4 yr' program.

    in USA contact local community college to

    learn about their programs as they differ.

    Source(s): employer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.