mRNA/DNA Sequence Coding? Thanks for any help.?
1. Write the mRNA codons for the following DNA strand:
2. How many amino acids are coded for by this mRNA strand?
3. Write the amino acid sequence for the mRNA strand.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Remember to indicate whether it is 5' to 3' or 3' to 5'. That would be the coding strand (5' to 3') based on the sequence ATG/start codon and TAG/stop codon. Hence,
1. mRNA sequence: 5' AUG CCC UUU AAA CGC UAG 3'
2. 5 Amino acids, note that stop codon does not encode for any amino acids.
3. Methionine - Proline - Phenylalanine - Lysine - Arginine
- 8 years ago
I am not sure