Yoki asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

How do I train my puppy to be more calm?

I know she's a puppy and she cant help getting excited but its too much. She always jumps around and she always kisses my face while SCRATCHING it. Its painful. I want her to be calm and not jump around so much. I don't take her out much but that's because she's too small and hasn't even gotten all her shots yet. She still plays with the other 2 dogs in my house though. Running around with them and play wrestling with them, so its not like she's getting locked up all day doing nothing. She's actually active for most of the day, so i know its not from little play time. Please help!

Favorite Answer

If you have a treadmill, you could give her a good 10 minute walk on that till she has her shots. You can't really "train a dog to be calm," but you can teach her manners. just running and playing isn't enough exercise for a dog. One thing you can do, is when she jumps on you, you can turn your head away with your chin up. In dog language, this means "I don't want to be bothered." If that doesn't work, (she is only a puppy) try turning all the way around and ignoring her. Don't even look at her; she will get the point. The more excited you are, the more excited she will be. Also, do her nails need to be trimmed?

Don't even look at her; she will get the point.

The more excited you are, the more excited she will be