Did my boyfriend put himself in the doghouse with this?

This morning we were discussing the possibilities of winning the lottery and what he would do with that money. I joked "maybe you'll find a better looking girlfriend". I was confident he would retort wisely. He instead responded, "It doesn't matter if she's better looking, it's about how good the person is. Looks don't matter." Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but this one was doing such a good job of making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world to him. I still feel good about myself, but not about him. He and I are newly dating and I'm not sure what to make of this. Here's a picture of me. My sister on the left, I'm on the right. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015229329...

Thoughts about what I should say to him?

I wanted him to tell me that there was no one else more beautiful to him than me. He then followed up with "looks don't matter". I understand where I've fallen short here, but I'm just being a woman. Most women want their boyfriends to feel this way about them, no?

well it seems you're really insecure, he barely said anything to be in he dog house.

my boyfriend has made worse comments to be put in the dog house lol, he's just being genuine and saying it doesn't matter what a girl looks like as in he's not shallow. seems like you actually have a really nice guy. only thing i'd be a little upset about is that he agreed he'd find someone else, if i make a comment like that my boyfriend always jokes back "you swear, i don't want anyone else" lol, but we've been together a year so it could just be because you have a fairly new relationship. don't put him in the dog house though, he doesn't seem to be in trouble. just be confident

I don't understand your question, but you're pretty. ARe you saying you wanted him to praise you on your looks and he failed?

ur really pretty. ask him if he is in the market for someone else.. tell him the way he responded has made u wonder. say "why are u imagining a future girlfriend that is a good person" lol. he was tripping. wtf...

Well, you're more worried about your looks than he is - it seems.

Don't you think he should like you and not just think you're pretty?