Why Can't I Wrap My Christmas Gifts Like in Magazines?!?

No matter what I do, no matter how pretty my paper, no matter WHAT my Christmas gifts neeeevveerrrr look pretty. I'm 22, and it looks like a 5 year old taped scraps together. =[ What am I doing wrong!? I've literally tried a million different things, a million different ways, and even my mom and grandma have tried to teach me their secrets...

I'm going to start sticking to bags. -.-

Favorite Answer

I have a friend who can wrap presents so beautifully that she doesn't even need tape - just the ribbons. She is a perfectionist. One day she watched me wrapping presents. I had 7 brothers and sisters, parents, grandparents, friends, nieces and nephews...they were lucky if they had bows on their boxes. If something didn't fit together just right I'd cut the paper so it could be tucked under and taped. Tape was my best friend. When I was done, nothing looked like Martha Stewart had done it. But you shove enough of brightly colored paper items under a tree and they look amazing together. And inside the boxes were the gifts that I had carefully chosen for each individual. On Christmas it takes someone minutes or less to open a present. They won't remember the wrapping. They'll remember the gift. It was a real revelation to her, and she became less OCD in her wrapping. Now, years later, gift bags have made it even easier. I think you are being too hard on yourself. It's the thought that counts - really - and the thought should be more on the gift than the wrapping.

Gift bags are the bomb!

I go into the mall and give them a gold coin donation and get them to wrap it for me. Plus the money goes to charity too :)

Hatboxes are a different thank you to "wrap" a present. they arrive in a sort of sizes and are in many situations fantastically embellished. For a extra seasonal container attempt applying the packing bins offered for storing Christmas decorations/wreaths. i locate those packing bins at Winners, HomeSense and abode clothing shops.