Is there a way to burn out the baffle stints quicker?

I have a 2005 chevy silverado 4x4 and i had the muffler cut off and a straight pipe ran. Well my truck was so loud cause apparently my converter was hollowed out and we didnt know that til we had already got the pipe in. Well a few months later, my dad makes me return to the shop where i got the muffler cut off and a baffle (or small muffler) put on so it would quieten it down but i still have a loud humming. I want to know is there a way to burn out the inside of the baffle? The stints on the inside thats lifted to slow my exhaust? Cause if those burn out, my truck will slowly get louder. We think its already burning a few out. My brother said run a water hose in. That the stints wouldnt be able to stand the cold from the frozen water and weather and the heat from the exhaust at the same time and theyll burn out.

Favorite Answer

run a metal bar inside. it will tear them up enough to make it louder