Advice! I don't know what to do about this guy?

I met this guy who really seemed into me and we texted almost everyday. He has asked me out quite a few times but i couldn't go out with him as i was busy with assignments and exams. He knows that i was really hurt in my last relationship and that i don't want to jump into anything so soon and that i want to be just friends first. He said that would be good but he still flirted with me. Well after i handed in my last assignment he asked me what I was doing but since I was with my friends I asked him if he wanted to come hang and he came. But i wasnt flirty a towards him, i was just friendly as i just want to get to know him first. Well after that day he just stopped texting me (we dont hav mutual friends and live an hour away from each other). For the past 2 weeks i've been initiating our text conversations and he has sometimes not texted back. I also asked him if he wanted.to hang out with me. He said yes. When i told him i was only free on a particular day (i've got work basically 7 days a week) he told me that he has work too and that its not going to work out.. I dont know if i should keep trying or just give up. I can't tell him that i like him because that would be just too weird and i want to get get to know him first before i'm sure that i want to date him.

I thought that asking him to hang out might make him think that I'm still interested in getting to know him and that he might start talking to me a lot like before but he still seems sort of distant. Does this mean he's no longer into me?

Favorite Answer

I had the exact same thing happen I even drove out three hours to see him and he cancelled. If its like what happened to me, he'll start replying with stupid short texts i.e. yeah no maybe idk etc

He'll just get more and more distant.

• Orla C

Stop texting him, he's not really all that interested in you, just in what you can give him, and that he could probably easily get from someone closer to him. Sorry, but this is not going anywhere.