If you had to choose between leaving somewhere you hated and going somewhere you loved...?

Say you were living in a place you hated. Mentally and emotionally, it is not the right place for you. There are people there who love you, sure. But it is a place that is draining and you and everyone else around you knows that that place is not where you should be - in fact, you thrive when you're away from this place. And say you got a job offer somewhere you've always wanted to go and live. But then you got another job offer - a better job offer that pays more money and is still in the realm of what you want to do - that required you to stay in the place you don't like for one more year. What would you choose?

A) immediately leaving to go where you've always wanted to go for a suitable job offer

B) waiting a year to go somewhere else for a much better job offer

In case you're wondering, I ask because I am a college senior most unfortunately living in a dysfunctional home due to having to transfer schools because of financial problems. Either I go to California for grad school to be a clinical psychologist, or I wait another year and take community courses close to home before setting off to do an accelerated BSN (then getting my master's to be a psychiatric nurse).

• Tink
    Favorite Answer

Those two professions are nothing alike. At worst, you live in a bad home for a couple years. Which career do you want to do for decades?

I would probably choose the better job that offers more money, I'd just grin and bear it until the year is over. Sure you would suffer for that year, but in 3 or 4 years you'll be happy you did.

But then again you might be going out more and spending more money at home.

You'd be happier with the first offer.

I think if the better job is *much* better you should stay. If it isn't a whole lot better you should go.

But don't let random strangers on the internet influence your decision. Think about this long and hard or go in the appropriate sub categories or better yet try to get help on other websites that are more suited to careers and stuff.

edit: yes, I do agree with tink. The most important thing here is deciding what you want to do. Either a psychiatric nurse or a clinical psychologist.

• Lefty

circulate to the situation that could make you happy IOW, leave! this is not considerable which you're able to make particularly much less and could could handle a diverse common/value of residing. think of of the strain ie psychological and emotional placed on and tear you're able to could handle via waiting a 12 months for a "extra appropriate" interest grant that may not be there in a 12 months. Your happiness and sanity is nicely nicely easily worth the holiday to CA.

Be a psychologist: i once know this guy nurse and he cought what the patience had MS