How to get your felony expunged?

I was arrested 5 years ago and convicted with a felony which was my first arrest. I was 13 at the time and now I am 18. I went to Court, completed my probation, payed my fine and did my community service. But now I am applying for jobs and I want to know if I have to get this felony expunged? Has it already been expunged because I turned 18 or do I have to go to court and go through process in order to get this felony expunged?

• Yup
    Favorite Answer

felonies don't get expunged, you need a pardon from the governor of your state to erase them. your record doesn't go away when you turn 18

You should be able to have someone within the legal system tell you if it's been expunged. Contact a lawyer as long as they don't charge you just to figure that at lol or contact your local police department and soeak with the filing dept they should be able to tell you you can also try looking your record up yourself online if it doesn't show then it's expunged but best bet contact someone in the legal system bcus certain thing come off your record and certain things don't when you hit 21 but it also depends what state your in on how that stuffs handled hope this helps a bit!!