MFFL
MFFL asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

How good is the Rangers pitching staff if we sign Greinke?

1. Zack Greinke

2. Matt Harrison/Yu Darvish

3. Matt Harrison/Yu Darvish

4. Alexi Ogando (They've already come out and said Ogando is going back to the rotation next year)

5. Derek Holland/Colby Lewis (He would probably join a litte later in the season since he had Tommy John surgery)

That doesn't look too bad.

That looks pretty d

Ignore the very last sentence. I don't know what on earth I was going for.

Favorite Answer

Lets keep in mind that Grienke's best season was when he went 16-8 with a 2.16 ERA for the Royals back in 09'. His lowest ERA season since then was last year 3.48. So lets not make him out to be this phenom whose going to win 20 games and finish was a 2.50 ERA. Hes as steady as they come. He'll K close to 200. Hes an ace. But hes not a Verlander or Weaver. Rangers' rotation will lean heavily on whether they can get Lewis back healthy. Lewis is a premium starter who I believe could end up with the best season amongst all 5. Also lets see if Darvish can cut down on those walks.

And I dont know the word on Neftali Feliz. He was a starter for a few games last year. Is he back? Im assuming Nathan is remaining the closer.

No doubt that it's a great staff...but I actually think the trend is more timely hitting and solid D than stud pitchers. As a phillies fan i've watched them pour money into the starters to no avail. The staff really helps you in the regular season but has a much less direct effect in the playoffs. Like 2 years ago, the phillies were favored in 100% of halladay's regular season starts, but that advantage is ripped away in the playoffs when it's one game and the opposing pitcher is a guy like carpenter.

Solid on paper. One of the better in the AL but not the best.

However, I would put all my money on Greinke signing with the Dodgers

• Lefty

Very Formidable.

if you're asking as "we", you shouldn't be depending on strangers to tell you. that's why "we" get paid the big bucks to evaluate talent and budget availability.

Just ok.