Was my doctor correct..?

Hello! Today I went to the doctor. 2 days ago, i had a fever, SORE throat, chills, body aches, & my head felt like it was 100 pounds. Well, yesterday i woke up will body aches, fever, & a sore throat. so my mom called the doctor & made me an appointment for today. I went in & she did all the necessary procedures.. she even did a throat culture because my tonsils & uvula were swollen, & my throat was super red. Well, she said that the strep culture came back negative. She told me that I just need to get rest.

i KNOW this is not correct. I feel sick. I KNOW i am SICK. should I go back & make sure i have a different doctor?

Favorite Answer

You can not get rid of some viral infection. You should let the virus die out by itself in 1-2 weeks. Take tylenol for your aches and pains and fever. Buy chloroseptic throat spray for your sore throat, if needed.

No. The doctor is probably smarter than you are about this medical stuff. You probably are sick, but you just don't have laryngitis.