Recording footage with multiple cameras?

I have always wondered something. Let's use the TV show Operation Repo or Hardcore Pawn as some examples. When you watch these shows, there are usually 4 to 5 camera guys. Well, once the footage is recorded on each camera, how do they combine/merge all the footage into an actual epsiode so nicely? WIth multiple cameras, the viewers are able to see multiple views and angles of that show because there are so many camera people. See, if I had to record footage, I would only know how to use one camera. So let's say if I buy a couple Sony camcorders and hire 2 camera people. How would I take the footage on both cameras and merge them together really nicely like they do on the TV shows?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They cut the scenes that's why they need more than one camera because they are capturing two different angles. two cameras are rolling they capture the same footage from different angles. When you go edit you cut the part you want from camera1 then pick up on it with camera2 and back an fourth.

• Bon
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Open the footage from both cameras into a video editing software and work from there.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

edit them. they have the central station controlling all the cameras.

• 8 years ago

its called an editing dept/room

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.