Im sick, how can i keep my 4 year old entertained?

My 2 year old son can play by himself for long periods of time and keep himself entertained but my 4 year old daughter has no idea what to do with herself. She needs constant interaction and im very sick right now and cant get up to play with her. What can i have her do?

My daughter is way too active for these simple suggestions.

Favorite Answer

You talk to her. Tell her that you are sick and need some quiet time. Tell her that she has lots of toys, and there are videos, but that you need some rest. Put it back on her. Have her tell you some things she can do to keep herself quiet and entertained.

Say, "I'm sick and I'd like to rest. I need you to pick something to do. What sounds fun right now...go look at your toys and pick something."

She's PLENTY old enough to understand and entertain herself. If not, this is a chance for her to learn some self control and some empathy. Say, "Do you remember when you were sick (clue her in as to her symptoms) and how awful that was? That's how I feel now."

If that isn't an option, call in the reinforcements. Friends, family, neighbors, the strangers at the local "tot lot", the crazy cat lady down the way...find someone to baby sit.

If she can last the length of a film curl her up bside u and watch a film that she would like! My daughter used to sit no bother! Itl buy u an hour r so neway

Video games can be the best babysitter at times like that. A day of tv and video games won't hurt. Make her take a breaks every so often.

Dora

Same here with my two sisters you can put her favorite movie/tv show on give her lots of toys put music on give her food that doesnt make her go crazy (x coloring books stickers pretty much it (:

Drop her off at a drop-in daycare.