Xbox suddenly stopped reading discs?

I was playing black ops and when a match ended my xbox said that it couldn't read the disc and to either open the drive then close it or clean it so I cleaned it and then tried to play it but the same message popped up. So I opened it and closed it and then it said reading and then just said open tray. I repeated this a few times then tried different games and it just says reading then after about 2 seconds says open try. Why won't it read.my discs? This is an xbox 360 slim 250gig.

Update:

Sorry should've put that I did blow.into it and I turned it off and let it sit for a while invade it was hot but no change.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1 option is to take it to somebody to fix It up for u. Option 2 get a new Xbox and if u wanna transfer memory from ur old Xbox to ur new Xbox if ur gunna get it buy a hard drive memory transfer thing.!!!!

• 8 years ago

try unplugging it and blow the fan out in the back

to remove extra dust.

then plug it back in and turn it on and try it.

• 8 years ago

..The eye of console might be dirty. Your xbox will suck in dust, hair or anything thats around.Mm theres a way to open it but I suggest to get a cleaning disk from walmart its ony $10.00.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Blow in it with an air can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.