MacBook Air or Mac mini?

I'm getting a computer this christmas and i want to know what would be best for me. a macbook air dual core 15 processor (either 999 $ 11 inch or 1199 13 inch) or 799 $ 2012 mac mini quad core 17 processor.

ps i will be doing some video editing and i already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse. I would kind of like to be able to take it places which is do-able with the mac mini and very do-able with macbook air. I understand that the macbook air is not very powerful, but you have the advantage of carrying it around.

Favorite Answer

Frankly, macs are nice computers, but save your money. There are better options out there with more power. Both of these computers are not all that great for the price. Go with a mac pro if your going to drop that much cash.

• Hunter

They're COMPLETELY different things, the macbook air is a LAPTOP, it's portable and can be used at a moments notice, the mac mini is a SERVER, you have to connect to it with a seperate monitor and it'd designed to serve multiple monitors at once.

There's a problem with both of these systems, they are macs. If you want some "bang for your buck" buy a pc. You'll get much more processing power for a much lower cost