what does this love quote mean?

"I love you more than yesterday, less than tomorrow" I need to know exactly what it means because I might get it engraved.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My love for you is not finite. It will continue to grow every day.

• 8 years ago

Hi Curious,

That you are loved 'more than yesterday' means that his/her love has grown and the reference about 'less than tomorrow' might be, because tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us and it has been said that - 'tomorrow never comes', unless of course you live in Australia as I do, when I am possibly already enjoying your tomorrow. If each day the writer continues to grow his/her love, then I would have no hesitation in having it engraved and let 'tomorrow' take care of itself.

My preference would be for - "I love you more than yesterday, a love that will grow each day."

Source(s): Me.
  • 8 years ago

It means that love is a progression. It goes from the beginning love of yesterday to the deeper love of today to a complete love tomorrow.

In other words, love goes from deep to deeper to deepest of all as time progresses.

• 8 years ago

It means that you loved them more than you did yesterday but you will love them more tomorrow because your love grows stronger everyday.

Wouldn`t it make easier if the world was just straight forward with you??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In other words: With every passing day I'm falling more in love with you!

As the time of our togetherness increases, my love for you grows equally with the passing time!

• 8 years ago

It means they'll love you even more tomorrow. They love you more and more each day.

• Bela
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

it means that i love you more then tomorrow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.