Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

Is marijuana simply not for me?

I hope I'm not inviting judgmental ignorant people onto this question but...

I have smoked pot on & off for the last 4 years. I have noticed I prefer smoking alone because it makes me antisocial and a little anxious in social situations. I got my medical card a few months back and have been smoking it ALOT more obviously.

for the past 3 months I have been pushing myself into smoking in social situations with my other friends & boyfriend in groups, parties, movies, and recently out to dinner.

BUT now that I have been smoking more especially in social gatherings I realized I DO NOT like myself while high.

I'm the exact opposite of my friends & boyfriend who are quite functional stoners. You honestly couldn't tell whether they were high or not because they act, talk, and walk the same.

I, on the other hand, am VERY VERY VERY quiet. I can't seem to focus on one single thing and really can't speak because my mind is blank. Last night my friend asked me for advice on a serious situation while I was high and I really had nothing to say. My mind was completely blank, I kept losing focus and kept on losing my train of thought on EVERYTHING.

I have smoked different strains and I prefer sativa but I'm a really bad stoner and am regretting getting my medical card.

Is weed simply just not for me???

I smoked it the first 2 years with no social or functioning problems but the last few months have been really weird. I feel anxious all the time, really stupid, very forgetful, and feel like I go braindead when I smoke. What the hell happeneD?

@ Cripe, do you not understand what ignorant means? Or are you stupid?

@ Gab... thanks... but I hang out with stoners at parties and still don't even talk to them. That's how quiet & awkard I get...

Favorite Answer

I personally think you might need to smoke an indica but a very small amount. I do not like sativa's, this is how I usually feel on a sative. I have been smoking for 40 years. Basically to relax after a hard day of being a bill collector or for insomnia, I rea,ly don't care to smoke in social circles and prefer a very small group or by myself.

The weed now days is so strong, I think you are sensitive to the strength and maybe you get too high too fast.

Source(s): personal experience.

Sometimes it takes a few times to really get high. But you should absolutely be getting high by your tenth time. Make sure you're taking a deep breath as you take a hit, taking it into your lungs. If that doesn't work, try holding the smoke in for as long as you can, until you have to breathe out (should increase the effect). Or, even better, hotbox a small room so you're surrounded by the smoke.

If it's really white widow, you'll get high for sure if you do any of those things.

that's pretty normal, i used to smoke at party's but the whole night i would just sit on a couch and only talk to the other stoners.

so now i only smoke with small groups of friends .

do what makes you happy though if you don't like it then stop doing it .

@cripe, you can't od off weed you ignorant little bich

First of all, stop. ANY drug is bad for you. You NEVER hear anyone saying drugs have actually helped their life. Second, your putting who knows what in your body. You could be smoking green colored paper and wouldn't even know it. Just stop. I've seen many of my kids ruin their life on drugs and now over half my family is in jail because of it.

Source(s): Mother of 7

Dipsh1t, you are an idiot. First of all when you rely on drugs you get a resistance to their effects and gradually increase the amount it takes to get high. Eventually you will be OD'd and dead.

Dara, Do you plan on having healthy children in your future?