Has anyone else thought they might be pregnant with the Mirena IUD?

I have the mirena IUD in and have recenty been haveing some pregnancy symtoms. I have been nausous, dizzy, been haveing headaches, all the symptoms i experiences with my first pregnancy. I crave certain things and just have an over all feeling of being pregnant. I have had the mirena in for over a year and last week had some slight bleeding. At first I had periods every month just like a regular menstration but now they have stopped completely except for the light bleeding i had off and on last week for 2 days.. HELP please I need answers...Has anyone else had this or been pregnant on mirena? what was the outcome!!

Update:

Also the strings are in place, but have been having some minor cramping/uncomfrtableness lately..not really pain..Any experience with this would be very helpful.

Update 2:

@ Punky Baby I have had it in for over a year and havent experienced this until now...I shouldnt be getting nausous all of a sudden everyday for the last two months..this should not be happening!! I feel kicking every now and then but not recently however the nausea is getting worse. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow hopefully i will find out then..

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Chances of getting pregnant on it is .03% I've had mine for 4mo now and have had like the same thing but my cramp feeling is in my back and spotting. I believe its normal. I only had heartburn when I was pregnant but Ive gotten it a few times since I had my baby and still get phantom kicks. Really not likely to be pregnant tho.

Source(s): 4½ month old baby girl
  • 8 years ago

My husband's cousin got pregnant on Mirena..so its possible. I'm not sure how safe it is for the fetus though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.