Nickolas asked in HealthOptical · 8 years ago

Is it possible to have 14/13 vision?

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is correct or not. I'm pretty sure that I remember the lady saying that I have 14/13 vision, is this possible. Can it even be possible to have vision like... 15/20. I'm not sure how the whole thing works. ...As I'm thinking about this, she may have said that I had 20/13 vision or 20/14 vision, I just know that I was, "better than most." Can you tell if it is possible, and could you please explain how this whole eye thing works.

Thank you,

Nickolas

Favorite Answer

Normally, the top # will be a 20*, 20/20 would be normal vision, if she said you had 20/15 vision, you would be slightly better than normal. I suppose, in theory, somebody COULD have 14/13 vision, it would just mean that, at 14 feet, you could see what other people can only see 13 feet away (so slightly better than normal).

* If you anywhere the metric system is used, the top # will be a 6. Normal would be 6/6.

According to research, eating carrots can actually improve your vision. Not by much I'm assuming, but it could help. I think it did for me.

• Ron

It's just a misunderstanding. Disregard those numbers.