Is it possible to get really good at singing if im like extremely terrible at it?

Favorite Answer

You could get good at singing, yes. If you mean you have a terrible voice, that's an entirely different thing. Learning how to sing isn't changing your voice, it's hitting different pitches - which kind of is changing your voice, I guess, but some people having soothing, singing voices, raspy, rocker voices, while others just don't. If you have the voice, yes, you can get good, if not, well, you're out of luck. Just think of somebody like Aerosmith when he was young, he originally had a good voice, but he didn't have lessons, so he couldn't quite hit the pitches he wanted to hit, but he eliminated that obstacle through practicing - getting good at singing. Now imagine those people on American Idol you laugh at, you know, the ones who sound like they're crying or something? Yeah, them, they're the unlucky kind who don't have a good voice. No matter how much practice they could get, it couldn't make them much better.

Of course! I used to be terrible but now I sing solos and stuff. You just need practice. I reccomend starting by singing some favorite songs, then getting a vocal coach and joining a chorus or choir! You will see how well you improved.

Source(s): Personal experience

You won't sound the same as someone who is naturally a good singer. If you sang for someone and they could tell the difference between a natural-born singer and a singer who was taught, then I'd say you wouldn't pass for much. However, you could get a vocal coach and see how well you can do. He/she will teach you how to control your voice, control your breathing, etc.

Good luck!! :)

yes. find a good vocal coach and start working. itll take time and a lot of hard work but singing lessons deffinitely help with getting your voice to the point you want it to be. good luck!:)

Source(s): took voice lessons, and saw a huge improvement over the span of 2.5 years