Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 8 years ago

can a plastic bag with rice and a phone in it with a flashlight shining over it catch fire?

I dropped my iPhone 4 into the tub while I was giving my dog a bath. It was only in the water for a few seconds, I immediately took the case off and dried my phone. There were no problems until about 30 minutes later. So I put my phone in a bag with rice and my friend told me to shine a light over it. I am doing this overnight because I am usually on my phone all day. I am afraid that the bag may catch on fire!?

Favorite Answer

i think you'll be fine

You need to try Silica Gel Packets to dry out your phone. There was a good article on associatedcontent.com that explains how to dry a wet cell phone, iPods, or any electronics. You need to place your phone in a zip lock bag with Silica Gel Packets. Silica Gel will remove all the moisture from the phone and its components, something air drying will not do!

Just Google "Silica Gel Packets" and you will find several companies selling these products. There is also a web site called: http://www.silicagelpackets.com/ that has them.