Black bruising behind my knee?

Yesterday I noticed 2 quarter sized bruises above and below the back of my knee, right around the crease. There were also a line of red dots below one of the bruises....maybe a bruise too? Today I noticed these bruises turned purplish black and were more sore. The front of my leg down the femur region has hurt today too. I'm worried and the Internet has me freaking out. What could this be?

Favorite Answer

What you Donot want it to be is a clot formation. A clot can transport itself throughout the system . Most persons can recall as to where or how they got it in the first instance. Not knowing is not the answer. Do see your doctor. The internet can be frightening as every symptom you see, you believe it pertains to you. See the doctor for peace of mind. best wishes. PS to do nothing.....Is not the answer.

Source(s): medical technologist
  • luelle

Bruises Behind Knees

I think you should ask your parents what to do? maybe go to the doctor? Sorry I can't be of that much help, hope your knee feels better.