Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

Why don't I have armpit hair?

I am 15 almost 16 and I don't have armpit hair. All of my friends do. I have included a pic so you can see I have no hair there absolutly none. I used a crappy camera so it is not the best pic , but it is just there to prove a point. So any advice as to how I can grow it or at least why I have none. My brothers ,14 and 17 have hair there and they tease me about it and show it all the time ,but why don't I have any???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jon-is-cool/822915186...

Favorite Answer

Simply put: genetics. In the same way that two brothers can go through puberty at different times, so too, they can vary in amount of hair, length of penis, rate of bone growth, and so on. Not much you can do about it, to be honest.

Btw, love the shirt. Funny...

• Adel

Some people have a lot of hair and others have very little. I do not want to be looking at your armpit. Seen enough in my time working in the health field. One of these days you may get a lot and not be so happy. Too much hair gets in the way in those private areas in the heat of the summer when you are sweating.

Source(s): Child development in school and also working in ER

Dude...I'm 19 and have no arm pit or pubic hair...literally NONE...Some people don't grow it, just like some don't grow facial hair, only not growing any underarm or pubes is a lil less common. It may take a lil while longer for it to grow, or it might not at all...Who knows? Genetics and nature are hard things to predict when you try to predict certain cases. Just wait it out and if it never happens, no worries haha. Guys may make fun of me for it, but girls never complain ;)

Source(s): Life

There are many methods to make our hair grow faster, shine , glitter in natural ways without using chemicals. Learn here https://bitly.im/aOqeL Men, and sometimes women, notice that their hair is thinning prematurely for several different reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss. Sure, you can use drugs or you can go in for a hair transplant or fusion, but sometimes the easiest, most inexpensive solution, is to try to stop hair loss naturally.

your a late bloomer like me. i was like 17 1/2 when i started getting body hair. this is a good thing no under arm hair means no under arm stink. you will grow some dont worry about.

if you use hair growth treatment, it can throw your body off cycle and cause hair sploches in random places

Source(s): you will grow

Some guys just arent very hairy. When i was your age i didnt have any pit hair either. It came soon enough though. I have more pit hair now at 39 that i want.

I Have No Armpit Hair

Never mind, if you wait a while, it will no doubt grow - but remember, not all men are hairy apes so don't expect miracles!

You haven't hit puberty if youre 16 you should know that

Your genetics just haven't kicked in yet.

Have patience - & wait to see what all develops.