HUGE problem with potential job? PLEASE HELP?

Long story short: Been unemployed for a yr but a job emailed me, I took the required testing this monday, went to the interview yesterday(tues.) & I take the drug test tomorrow at a lab nearby, call thr job to tell them I took it. Problem is my metro pcs phone bill is due friday&I have no money. Im afraid theyll call to tell me my start date before I can pay it but they wont be able to get a hold of me. I use my phone for everything (gps, email, job apps, EVERYTHING!) DO I TELL THEM MY PHONE MAY BE OFF?They have already informed me I may start as soon as the monday coming up. I donate plasma to help my sister pay bills cause I live with her& I need this job to get back on my feet. HOW BAD WOULD IT LOOK FOR ME TO GIVE THEM MY SISTERS NUMBER BECAUSE MINE WILL BE OFF SOON?The soonest I can possibly pay it is Sunday.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Call them up and say that your phone is having problems (technically not untruthful) and ask that they either email you directly or please leave a message with your sister. You will score points for being proactive about the situation. Believe me, I am an employer and I would not have a problem with that. The worse thing would be to say nothing and have them have issues trying to get a hold of you.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well most resumes ask how long you've been unemployed, so I don't think you not having a working phone would be looking bad to them. But lying to a company you don't even work for yet would be worse, especially if they found out, even though this lie wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe say at that time of day, it would be easier to be contacted at your sister's phone as that's not really a lie, and then when your phone situation is fixed, give them that number. Also, talking to your phone company, they might give you an extension, it'll probably include a fee, but it will at least keep your line working. Hope this helped.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Not bad as long as your sister can give you a message fast they wont complain

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.