HUGE problem with potential job? PLEASE HELP?

Long story short: Been unemployed for a yr but a job emailed me, I took the required testing this monday, went to the interview yesterday(tues.) & I take the drug test tomorrow at a lab nearby, call thr job to tell them I took it. Problem is my metro pcs phone bill is due friday&I have no money. Im afraid theyll call to tell me my start date before I can pay it but they wont be able to get a hold of me. I use my phone for everything (gps, email, job apps, EVERYTHING!) DO I TELL THEM MY PHONE MAY BE OFF?They have already informed me I may start as soon as the monday coming up. I donate plasma to help my sister pay bills cause I live with her& I need this job to get back on my feet. HOW BAD WOULD IT LOOK FOR ME TO GIVE THEM MY SISTERS NUMBER BECAUSE MINE WILL BE OFF SOON?The soonest I can possibly pay it is Sunday.

Favorite Answer

Call them up and say that your phone is having problems (technically not untruthful) and ask that they either email you directly or please leave a message with your sister. You will score points for being proactive about the situation. Believe me, I am an employer and I would not have a problem with that. The worse thing would be to say nothing and have them have issues trying to get a hold of you.

Good luck!

Well most resumes ask how long you've been unemployed, so I don't think you not having a working phone would be looking bad to them. But lying to a company you don't even work for yet would be worse, especially if they found out, even though this lie wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe say at that time of day, it would be easier to be contacted at your sister's phone as that's not really a lie, and then when your phone situation is fixed, give them that number. Also, talking to your phone company, they might give you an extension, it'll probably include a fee, but it will at least keep your line working. Hope this helped.

Not bad as long as your sister can give you a message fast they wont complain