Sebastian asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

Is it bad to masturbate multiple times a day?

I'm a 16 year old male and, though I've masturbated before, recently I've been doing it a lot more. For example, I did it four times today and three times yesterday. I was wondering if there are any negative effects to masturbating that often every day.

I think I heard somewhere that if you do it too much, your sperm count will get lower which makes it harder to have children and stuff.

Is this true?

Favorite Answer

Most healthy guys masturbate 2 or 3 times a day, some do it much more than that.

The great thing is that your own body will tell you when you have exercised your sexuality enough for one day. Be it masturbation or intercourse or a mixture of the two. When you have had enough you will find you simply cannot produce any more.

Until then, enjoy. You will be benefiting your long term sexuality, prevention of prostate and testicular cancer, and probably your general wellbeing by enjoying masturbation as much as possible.

Source(s): Kyron Andrologist

first of all man im 21 and not that long ago i was a virgin i was a late bloomer but i would say get laid(not trying to be offensive) but if you have sex with a woman more then that will slow down your masturbation cause sex with a woman is much more pleasurable second constant masturbation wont decrease your chances of impregnating a girl but i would suggest that you try taking at least a day to give yourself a break so at least once a week go 1 day without masturbation 2 if your worried about not being able to impregnate your partner i would suggest going to a doctor and having your sperm checked and 3rd i would suggest daily that you take a zinc vitamins that will help your sperm vitality and increase more production good luck man and again find a girlfriend to **** daily

no---it is not bad for you at all bro----the only real negative effect would be if it is keeping you from going out and enjoying therest of life---masturbation is a safe, natural, and healthy activity and there will be times when you want or need to do it more than other times---depending on my schedule, whether I have a partner at the time, and my horniness level I rub one out between one and 4 times a day---I am 32----the only way it decreases your sperm level is on a very brief temporary basis---your body is constantly making more sperm and even if you were able to complete empty your reserves your body would replenish within a few days----

hope this helps bro---you are fine and normal and don't listen to people that tell you all this bs about jerking off being bad---it is not

• Adel

No, unless you forget to eat, sleep, go to school and so on. Your sexual drive is normal. You are at your height of sexuality. Men slow down much faster than women do. Enjoy what you do in private, just keep this to your self for a while. When masturbation gets in the way of your daily life then you must curb the doing of it. In general you sound very normal. So enjoy.

Source(s): Went to college and learned about the sexuality of males and females and some experience.. child development classes. In the library public one can find many books on sexuality. A good talk with a trusted adult also helps. Choose someone you can trust.
  • Craig

Nah man every guy goes through that at 16. It's normal and more than likely healthy for you. The only problem is when you start needing porn to get off because that is unhealthy and can lead to addiction quicker than you think which will cause problems in future relationships. Other than that, **** away.

It's yours and you can do it as often as you like - and when you're married and wanting kids I doubt you'll be doing much masturbating so even if this rubbish about "lowering the count" were true, it wouldn't apply to you at the time!

• Danny

No. Masturbation is healthy and normal, and your body will keep producing more and more sperm until you are very old. Do it as much and often as you like!

There can be bad effects, low sperm count, may get harder to get hard, bruising, swelling, tenderness/soreness, infections, carpel tunnel, low blood sugar, tearing of the tissue (which makes muscles larger, but makes penises smaller, since it's an organ, not just a tissue)...Usually, try to keep it under 3 a day, 2 if you can...If you have to, try to "edge" it instead, but don't "blue ball"...Be careful and be smart, no matter what. If you have any more questions on this or anything else, email me, its on my profile.

Source(s): Life

the only negetive effects is turning into a jerkaholic lol. space it out do it every other day. some people looks forward for a cold beer at the end of the day you can look forward to masterbation.

Source(s): Masterbation is completely Normal Everyone does it!

You might be suffering from a kind of sex-addiction. Try to get a girlfriend who has the same problem, as the vaginal inner-lining will reduce the chafing. If this is an issue for you because you have a small penis, find a nice young asian woman, they are generally easier to please.