Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Why do I always have nightmares?

For about 7 months, after my dad's friend passed away, I've had nightmares every single night. I'll wake either crying or screaming. They stopped for about a week after my fiance proposed to me, but then they came back after he mentioned my ex boyfriend who passed away three years ago. I honestly don't have a clue why I have them. Sometimes I'm terrified to sleep. Is there anything I can do to stop them?

Favorite Answer

Yes, this is a very common problem for many people. Before you go to sleep I recommend you listen to soothing music, followed by happy thoughts, and finally the colder the room is the more increased chance you're likely to have nightmares.

too much sleep and depression causes nightmares.

i think your trying your hardest not to think about it, witch is a bad idea. i think you should sit down with someone you trust and talk it out and see if that helps, :)

Source(s): me