What is CPS going to do... does this make any since?

If a pregnant woman is being beat by her boyfriend and she stays with him and CPS was contacted, and they try to contact her to "offer services" for being abused, and she doesn't accept the services, will CPS be involved once the baby is born?

Also, If that woman has diabetes and is 8 months pregnant and hasn't been to the doctor in 3 months when she is suppose to go once a month, Does it make since that her doctor would send her a "certified letter" stating that its considered neglect and that they have to report her??

Someone in my family has previously been involved with CPS and ultimately placed her child for adoption. She is now 8 months pregnant again and staying in an abusive relationship because "she loves him" .. I am trying to help her, but the things she is telling me isn't making since.. Said CPS had been trying to get in touch with her and then told me today that it was nothing, that they were just offering services..and said she wasn't accepting them because she doesn't need them... then told me her doctor sent her a letter saying he is obligated to report her for neglect since she hasn't received proper care... does this make since to anyone?


wow I didn't know that lack of prenatal care was considered neglect! I'm not saying that it shouldnt be, I just always thought that the child had to be born before anything was considered neglect or abuse "technically"

4 Answers

  • Ann
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    She is a diabetic. It is critical for the baby's development that she is monitored regularly by her doctor. She is not a normal pregnant woman.

  • 8 years ago

    Yup, makes perfect sense. Lack of prenatal care is considered neglect. CPS is going to take that baby unfortunately.

  • bubs
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    if CPS is aware of the abuse they will step in, my ex was abusive and CPS was notified when I left, if I ha let him back in thy would have stepped in and done something, so yes if she's in an abusive relationship then you should notify CPS

  • 8 years ago

    Yes CPS should help out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.