How to make E3 in the Navy?

I am currently in DEP and I also have done PSEO for the past year and a half. So by the time I graduate I'll have like 60 college credits. will this count towards making E3? I talked to my recruiter and he said something about because the credits also counted towards my high school credit they won't count as college for Navy purposes. I don't really think that makes much sense though since any college would still view them as credits. If you have been in a similar situation with PSEO and the Navy or Military I would like to know what you think. Should I ask someone else at my recruiters office or just take his word for it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask to talk to the Recruiter in Charge or Leading Petty Officer (LPO).

Ask to see the regulation in writing. I would say the real litmus test would be if you could provide a set of transcripts with 60 college credits from an accredited college.

There are also two other ways to enter basic training as an E-3. First is by qualifying and enlisting into the Nuclear Power Program. Second is to refer sufficient people that enlist with the help of your recruiter.

I assume you know that number.

Good luck.

Source(s): Former USN recruiter
  • 8 years ago

Umm try talking to the LPO. If you're E-2 now, you can DEP advance at boot camp to E-3 by passing the first PFA and written exam.

Source(s): U.S. Navy Sailor
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

im in the same position. i just made e2 but with recruits. try talking to someone else in the office

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.