How to make E3 in the Navy?

I am currently in DEP and I also have done PSEO for the past year and a half. So by the time I graduate I'll have like 60 college credits. will this count towards making E3? I talked to my recruiter and he said something about because the credits also counted towards my high school credit they won't count as college for Navy purposes. I don't really think that makes much sense though since any college would still view them as credits. If you have been in a similar situation with PSEO and the Navy or Military I would like to know what you think. Should I ask someone else at my recruiters office or just take his word for it?

Favorite Answer

Ask to talk to the Recruiter in Charge or Leading Petty Officer (LPO).

Ask to see the regulation in writing. I would say the real litmus test would be if you could provide a set of transcripts with 60 college credits from an accredited college.

There are also two other ways to enter basic training as an E-3. First is by qualifying and enlisting into the Nuclear Power Program. Second is to refer sufficient people that enlist with the help of your recruiter.

I assume you know that number.

Good luck.

Source(s): Former USN recruiter

Umm try talking to the LPO. If you're E-2 now, you can DEP advance at boot camp to E-3 by passing the first PFA and written exam.

Source(s): U.S. Navy Sailor

im in the same position. i just made e2 but with recruits. try talking to someone else in the office