A asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Reasons to Not smoke weed?

I have a friend is very close minded and won't see my side... what are some legit reasons that I could tell him to not smoke weed?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is none!! lol

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You have a bigger risk of developing schizophrenia or psychosis and other mental health problems. Also, most of my friends who smoke regularly develop a very strange personality and interests. Like the schoolbook "pothead", but maybe even more severe. I know so many people who are like this, and I am absolutely certain it is because of smoking cannabis. It is also wickedly easy to get stuck in a psychological habit, because there really is no hang over effects except for feeling a little bit tired or relaxed when the effects wear off.

Smoking once every week won't really have any bad effects from what my understanding, but it is way too easy to smoke more than that, and when you smoke very often, the negative effects will FOR SURE show up. You become a lazy-***, dopey idiot who cares about nothing than smoking weed. As said before, that is at least what I have seen with my friends who started smoking.

Source(s): Personal experience and from reading studies.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

If he is young as in under 25, weed is very hard on your brain, my dad suffers from GAD, generalized anxiety disorder, and it impacts his daily life severely because he smoked pot from the ages 14-16, any kind of drugs is WAAAY harsher on you when your brain isn't fully developed.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well scientifically speaking, there's been no proven side effects from smoking marijuana. It's bad for your lungs? False. Vaporization of marijuana makes it harmless to the lungs, Marijuana is also fat soluable meaning you can eat it in the form of butter in brownies which is more harmless. Don't even try to argue it with health class learnings because there's an endless amount of studies showin there's no negative health affects of marijuana. Hence why it's legal in 9 states medicinally i believe and now legal without a medical card in 2 states.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It has all the risks of a cigarette balled into one gateway drug. Who knows what could potentially happen if he starts to crave a better high and move into some dangerous drugs. Not to mention your brain is slurred similar to alcohol, and that's without even abusing a limit.

Listen to this song, changes perspective on drugs greatly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDQy53eldY

Youtube thumbnail

• 8 years ago

The only things I'd say is just don't start smoking too young (like 13) because your brain still isn't fully developed, but other than that, nothing!

Source(s): smoker for 1 1/2 years
  • 8 years ago

There is new neuro studies that have been finding memory issues with weed. Have you ever met a long time pot smoker, many admit to terrible memory issues.

• 5 years ago

Oh! I now your not the ind of "Pot Head" that is going to mooch off people, until your an old man and not have a thing to show for it because you have to support your habit.

• 8 years ago

THERES NO REASON TO NOT SMOKE WEED, theres nothing wrong with it go ask your doctor he will tell you theres nothing wrong with it, wont hurt your health or anything. leave your friend alone

• 8 years ago

Tell him it makes him look like some low life.

• Jessy
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Let him do what he wants?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.